With the ubiquitous presence of smart phones and other connected mobile devices, telecom operators and communication service providers (CSPs) need to rapidly process, store, and derive insights from the diverse volume of data travelling across their networks.
- A decrease of the churn rates by a better understanding of the latent needs of the customers using different predictive algorithms.
- A better subscriber satisfaction by a better understanding of the subscriber behavior resulting in offering new personalized products or services, which will reduce costs for the customers and increase their satisfaction.
- A detection of illegal activity and detection of frauds such as the use of cloned sim cards.
The public sector is becoming increasingly aware of the potential value to be gained from big data, especially that governments collect and generate vast quantities of data through their everyday activities. Big Data Analytics has the potential to help governments tremendously by identifying bottlenecks, optimizing water and electricity resources and even help alleviate traffic in major cities.
With advanced analytics, including artificial intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), governments can put data to work improving outcomes for citizens.
The benefits of big data in the public sector can be grouped into three major areas, based on a classification of the types of benefits: advanced analytics, through automated algorithms; improvements in effectiveness, providing greater internal transparency; improvements in efficiency, where better services can be provided based on the personalization of services; and learning from the performance of such services.
Some examples of potential benefits are as follows:
- E - Governance and data sharing: The free flow of information from organizations to citizens promotes greater trust and transparency and engagement between citizens and government, in line with open data initiatives.
- Citizen sentiment analysis: Information from both traditional and new social media (websites, blogs, twitter feeds, etc.) can help policy makers to prioritize services and be aware of citizens’ interests and opinions.
- Citizen segmentation and personalization while preserving privacy: Tailoring government services to individuals can increase effectiveness, efficiency, and citizen satisfaction.
- Economic analysis: Correlation of multiple sources of data will help government economists with more accurate financial forecasts.
- Tax agencies: Automated algorithms to analyze large datasets and Euler Intelligence Fusion Center tion of structured and unstructured data from social media and other sources will help them validate information or flag potential frauds.
- Smart city and Internet of things (IoT) applications: The public sector is increasingly characterized by applications that rely on sensor measurements of physical phenomena such as traffic volumes, environmental pollution, usage levels of waste containers, location of municipal vehicles, or detection of abnormal behavior. The Euler Intelligence Fusion Center ted analysis of these high volume and high velocity IoT data sources has the potential to significantly improve urban management and positively impact the safety and quality of life of its citizens.
Law enforcement agencies as well as investigative organizations have a constant influx of information that can seem minor when it is first received, but later plays a vital role in determining who is who, who knew what, and when.
In a fusion center deployment, one of the most helpful features is the ability to fuse all the data from different departments and automatically generate leads. In one of the use cases, the suspect’s list of offences, parole reports, police interviews and other reports are fed into the system to generate a list of people the police department needs to monitor. Tomorrow’s data points are automatically linked to today’s, with the goal of generating investigative leads. For example, a suspect was tagged as a passenger in a car that was pulled over for a traffic violation. Two years later, that same car is spotted by a CCTV camera near a crime scene. As soon as the plate is detected, the system alerts the officer who is monitoring that suspect that this car was spotted near a crime scene.
All this information can be assembled and centralized with the ability to validate circumstances; validate the reliability of a source; validate the possibility of a suspect knowing a key piece of information; validate the relationship of a witness to a suspect through associates, etc.…
EAP can assist Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) understanding the community structure of unlawful gangs and extremist cells. This is essential for combatting them. Without that knowledge, law enforcement agencies cannot know for certain if their operations are focusing on the key persons or just outlying players.
We provide a platform for law enforcement agencies to analyze, visualize and share important fragments of information that are decisive on a case outcome.
By combining big data with an Euler Intelligence Fusion Center ted marketing management strategy, marketing organizations can make a substantial impact in these key areas:
- Consumer engagement. Big data can deliver insight into not just who your customers are, but where they are, what they want, how they want to be contacted and when.
- Consumer preservation and loyalty. Big data can help you discover what influences customer loyalty and what keeps them coming back again and again.
- Marketing optimization/performance. With big data, you can determine the optimal marketing spend across multiple channels, as well as continuously optimize marketing programs through testing, measurement and analysis.
- Getting a 360-degree view of your audiences. The concept of “know your customer” (KYC) provides insight into customer behavior. The 360-degree view from big data allows marketers to present customer-specific content when and where it is most effective to improve online and in-store brand recognition and recall.
- Customer engagement, specifically how your customers view and interact with your brand, is a key factor in your marketing efforts. Big data analytics provides the business intelligence you need to bring about positive change, like improving existing products or increasing revenue per customer.
- Brand awareness is another way big data can have a significant impact on marketing.
- Improved customer acquisition is another great benefit that big data brings to marketing. Big data will allow the gathering and analysis of consistent and personalized data from multiple sources, such as web, mobile applications, email, live chat, etc…
- Leverage real-time data. The ability of big data to acquire, process, and analyze real-time data quickly and accurately enough to take immediate and effective action cannot be matched by any other technology. This is critical when analyzing data from GPS, IoT sensors, clicks on a webpage, or other real-time data.
Big data is used in social media to power the agency’s digital campaigns towards success. Through big data analysis, agencies will get better understanding in their online communities and predict their behaviors so they can deliver personalized services as well as quickly solve any issue, through:
- Faster decisions
- Product Insights
- Effective social media campaign evaluation